Sunday, February 17, 2013

Lorenzo's Way: The Road to Happy Tummies

-20130217-

My 27th: A Week Filled with Good Food, Love, Happiness, and Blessings

February 4 -- The day before my birthday was just like an ordinary day at work. There were lots of things to do since it was a Monday and Mondays in the office are usually busy and stressful. But I was excited to finish all my tasks that day because I was looking forward to spending the night with two of my good and funny office friends: Patrick and Maah.

I felt so eager to have dinner with Patrick and Maah because everytime I'm with them or at times I'm having conversations with them, I can't help but to laugh really hard. I must say they are one of the few people in the office who can make me feel light whenever I'm so stressed. 

It was Patrick who suggested that we eat at Lorenzo's Way in Greenbelt 5. I instantly agreed with his suggestion because I know that he always has a good choice when it comes to food. He's a person who knows a lot of good restaurants (simply because he is choosy and he has a very high standard when it comes to food haha!) so I thought that we'll never go wrong with this one.


For the appetizer, we ordered their Crispy Baby Squid. What's amazing with this dish is how soft the baby squids were. It was delicious and it was easy to chew! Amazing!

Crispy Baby Squid - 165php (Score: 3.5 out of 5)
We also ordered salad. Patrick suggested for us to try their Heart of Palm with Mango and Shrimps (crunchy fresh ubod julienne with boiled shrimps and ripe mango tossed in vinaigrette). At first, I was hesitant to eat this dish because I couldn't figure out how it tastes. But upon trying it, I felt I was in heaven! Hehe! This salad is one of the best salad I ever tasted. It's truly an awesome dish! Too bad I wasn't able to take a photo of it. (Price @ 260php; Score 4.5 out of 5)

For the main dish, we ordered for the following: Kangkong Lechon, Pinakbet Magalang, KKK (short for kare-kare klab, it is oxtail, tripe and vegetables in a peanut flavored sauce from Bistro Burgos), and Lengua Estofada. Amongst these dishes, I liked the Kangkong Lechon the most because of it's extraordinary taste. The lechon topping was soft and tender and the sauce was very tasty and delicious. I also liked their Lengua Estofada because even if the meat slices were a bit thick, they were able to cook it in such a way that it was still soft and easy to chew. Their KKK tasted okay; not much difference with other restaurant's Kare-Kare. The dish that I liked the least was their Pinakbet because for me, it lacked the authentic Ilocano taste that I was looking for.

Kangkong Lechon - 220php (Rating: 4.5 out of 5)
Pinakbet Magalang - 275php (Rating: 2.5 out of 5)
KKK - 595php (Rating: 3 out of 5)
Lengua Estofada - 395php (Rating: 3.5 out of 5)



We were also able to try their Sabaw ng Halaan. I found this dish a bit weird because of the coconut. But it was delicious, a dish I think that's unique.

Overall, my Lorenzo's Way dining experience was fantastic! The food we had were all delicious. Plus the fact that I was able to spend quality time with my awesome office friends. To Patrick and Maah, I know the both of you are also busy with your respective projects. That's why I really appreciate that you were able to find time to have dinner with me. Thank you Patrick for bringing Maah and I to this nice place. Thank you Maah for making time to be with me on the eve of my birthday. Lastly, thanks to the both of you for your sweet surprise birthday gift! Haha!

Patrick and Maah's suprise birthday gift! :D
 
A night spent with awesome people, having awesome conversation, and eating awesome food. HAPPINESS! <3




Lorenzo's Way Greenbelt 5
G/F Greenbelt 5, Legaspi St Legazpi Village, Makati
(02) 729-0047

http://www.munchpunch.com/lorenzos-way-greenbelt-5/menu
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment