Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Funny Birthday Surprise

February 6, a very normal working Monday after my birthday. Two of my office friends were gone for quite a long time but I didn't have any suspicions that they were up for something. I was quietly sitting at my workstation and was busy working when suddenly the guard approached me and handed me a letter. The letter says:

"Hi Ms. Long Legs, Belated Happy Birthday! There's a cake waiting for you. Hope you had a wonderful celebration and wish you all the happiness in your 26th year of existence."



Of course I knew that the letter was from my friends. But the problem was it didn't state where and what time I should get the cake. So I remained sitted on my workstation and pretended that I was busy doing my work. After a couple of minutes, my friend who was sitted right next to me finally told me "kunin mo yung cake sa 7th floor, matutunaw na kasi yun". 

So I went up and when I was already at the 7th floor, the janitors were all greeting me. I was wondering how they knew that it's my birthday. But of course, their greetings made me smile. When I was already about to "claim" my cake, the guard said "Ma'am happy birthday po. May package po kayo dito, pinadala ng friend niyo from Canada". Doesn't he know that I wouldn't believe him? But of course I didn't want to spoil the surprise so I pretended to not to know anything  :)


Jim, Edan, Peewee, and Dolly, thanks again for making my birthday very memorable. I really appreciate your efforts for making this 'surprise'. You made me so happy! :)








A very happy 26th birthday to me! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment