Saturday, February 4, 2012

As I Turn Another Year Older: My Wishlist

A few minutes to go and I will turn another year older. Yes, I am not getting any younger. And of course, I'd rather call it "growing up" rather than "growing old". Last year, I remember making a list of the things I want to get on my special day. This year, I thought of making something different and I got this suggestion from a friend: list 26 things I want to have or to happen the entire time that I am 26 years old. It could be a material thing, a travel opportunity, a new job, an out of country vacation with family or friends, and etc. Indeed, this sounds very interesting!

Days passed and I couldn't think of a thing that I want put on my wishlist. I've been trying to imagine how I would want my 26th year on earth to be spent. Then I suddenly realized something. My 25th year on earth has been tough and very challenging. Yet, the Lord showered me with a lot of blessings. There were days that I was sad and depressed but He surrounded me with people who cheered me up and lifted up my spirit. I went through a lot of difficult things but here I am, a happier and stronger person.

And so I decided not to make my 26th year wishlist. The Lord has already given me a lot of incredible gifts that I am really thankful for. For me, that is enough. I am contented with what I have and what I am. I have my family who loves me so much and who takes care of me when I feel sick, I have my CCF friends who are helping me build an intimate relationship with the Lord, I have my KFORCE buddies who listens to my stories and who makes me feel good all the time, I have my DLSU barkada who loves me like family, I have my CTOM friends who are my food trip buddies and who makes me laugh all the time, I have my NAVI friends who has never forgotten me and who checks on me from time to time, and lastly I am surrounded with other special people who always make me feel appreciated and loved. You know who you are, apologies if I wasn't able to mention all your names. Thank you. Thank you for the awesome friendship we have built. I may not be too expressive of how I am happy to have all of you but one thing is for sure, I will definitely treasure our friendship until my next life. :)

For this year that will be added to my life, I pray that I can spend more quality time with all of you while I can. Let's live our lives to the fullest! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment