Friday, December 9, 2011

B1G7 - Finding Rest (Part 2)

There were lots of fun and exciting activities during the B1G7 retreat which were surely enjoyed by all of the participants.

Messages and Breakouts - "Messages" are the presentations made by the speakers (most of them are Pastors) to all the retreat participants about topics like Sin and The Cross. These talks were held at the main hall for about an hour or two. After each message, we would have discussions within our own breakout groups. There were different fun activities during the breakout sessions that have helped us better understand the topic that was discussed by the Pastor. Personally, I enjoyed each breakout discussion because I was able to share to my group my experiences in life that are related to the topic discussed by the Pastor.


Taken during our first breakout session :)


Dawn Watch - This is the activity wherein we had to wake up really early and sing our praises outside where we can see and appreciate God's creations. At exactly 6AM, my roommates and I joined the other retreat participants at the playground nearest to our room. We were surrounded by trees, flowering plants, and chirping birds. While singing songs of praise, we could feel the cold breeze and we can see the beautiful sky. "Dawn Watch" has made me realize that God is really good for blessing us with these wonderful things. For me, this is really an awesome experience and one of my favorite activity in B1G7.

Praise Night - For me, this activity is like a mini concert of God-loving and God-fearing people :) I must admit that I felt uneasy at the start since it's my first time to attend an event like this. But I had fun. People were dancing and singing on top of their voices. Everyone seemed to had so much fun during this activity.

Games - There were cool games participated by many during B1G7. Just by hearing the name of the games, one couldn't probably imagine how fun each game is. As described by the hosts, the games were real life versions of some well known mobile applications like Angry Birds. Unfortunately, my roommates and I decided not to join since we all preferred to get some power nap while everyone was busy playing :)


With my CTOM friends who invited me to attend B1G7

My roommates and breakout group :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment