Monday, December 5, 2011

B1G7 - Finding Rest (Part 1)

One busy day at work, I was invited by an officemate to attend a retreat. The idea of joining a retreat sounded awesome to me since a lot of things had happened to me for the past months. So I thought that this was my very much needed break from everything -- work life, busy city life, as well as personal & family problems. I was even more convinced when my officemate told me that the retreat fee will be shouldered by her and my boss. Isn't that great?! So without any hesitations, I did confirm my attendance to this much awaited event.


11-11-11

The theme of the retreat was "Finding Rest". It was a 3-day event held at Chateau Royale, Batangas. I already knew beforehand that this was a Christian retreat. And even if I am a Catholic, I didn't mind joining it. Anyway, what I am eager about are the good things that I will gain after the event. At first, I was a bit culture-shocked as I wasn't used to how Christians do their praises. But it was indeed a wonderful experience. I learned a lot of things from all the sessions. I gained new and wonderful friends. I learned new things about God. And most importantly, I felt spiritually renewed after the retreat.

As mentioned by one of the speakers, we were there not by accident. Instead, it was in God's plan that we are there at that very moment. This is certainly is true! God wanted me to be in B1G7 retreat after all the hardships I went through because He loves me very much and He wants me to know that everything happens for a reason. And that I should be very thankful for every single thing in my life. After the retreat, I always felt good about my surrounding. I learned how to appreciate everything God has given me. Thanks for everyone who has been part of this very memorable experience. I am looking forward for B1G8! :)


More than a thousand participant who were able to find rest :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment