Tuesday, January 17, 2012

EDSAT Peeps, Thank You!

When I was transferred to this project 5 months ago, it was as if I had no choice. I was disappointed to find out that my original project assignment has been moved to the end of 2012 Q1. I couldn't do anything. I couldn't complain and I was left with no choice except to follow my Manager's directions.

First few weeks with this project was like hell. The application was new to me and it was a bit difficult to learn. I also didn't like the way we were managed. There were days when the tasks were overflowing and they seem endless. But there were also days when we had nothing to do (literally nothing). Days passed and the situation wasn't getting any better. Still, I had no choice but to endure everything.

A few weeks later, the QA peeps of the project were transferred to our Alabang office where I had been reporting for a few months already. According to the Management, this setup would allow us to work more closely with each other. Plus, the connection in our Alabang office is much faster than the connection in our Makati office. 

We started to have fun lunch and merienda breaks together. Each break was filled with jokes and happy stories. The office pantry was always filled with laughter when we're there. We always talk about out of town trips and food trips. And the best thing about our group is that we have one thing in common -- our love for good food. This, I think, is one of the reasons why we could get along really well with one another. We would go out of the office for lunch at days that we're craving for yummy lunch. Also, we would sometimes have food trips after office hours. The friendship that I was able to build with this group is really priceless. They were the ones who relieves my stressful mornings and afternoons at work. They were the reason why I always look forward to lunch and merienda breaks. Spending time with this group really makes me feel good all the time, simply because of the reason that they always make me happy. 

Now that I have been pulled out of the project, I fear that I might not be able to spend my lunch or merienda breaks with them anymore. But of course, this is not the end. We are still in the same company even if we already have different projects. So to my EDSAT teammates, I would like to thank you for making my stay in this project bearable. Thank you for being my stress relievers. Thank you for the exciting stories and amazing experiences you've shared. With my 2 years stay in this company, I can proudly say that your the best teammates I've had. I hope that we could still have more fun filled food trips in the future! :)

Jim, Peewee, Le, Dolly, Mike, and Edan... thank you! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment